- This event has passed.
K.A.T.C.H. “Kids and the changing home”
November 7, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
K.A.T.C.H. “Kids and the changing home”:
A FREE SIX WEEK PROGRAM FOR CHILDREN LIVING WITH SEPARATION & DIVORCE
- To provide a safe, and child-focused setting for children utilizing a Recreational Therapy approach to learn coping skills while dealing with conflict in separation and divorce.
- In separated families, the children often experience emotions such as fear, sadness, guilt and anxiety. This group will provide coping skills and information around families and feelings.
- To provide a safe, and child-focused setting for children to learn coping skills while dealing with conflict in separation and divorce.
- To help children better understand various family dynamics and their own situation.
- To provide a take home tool kit with coping skills around stress and conflict.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
The Residential parent needs to call the Centre and complete an intake by phone.
The Group is free of cost.
Staff will complete the screening and set up the times and dates with the parent and child for a start date.
The Centre will require the Residential party to agree to inform the Non-Residential party of the child’s attendance.
The Group will run for six weeks for an hour. We encourage the children to attend all six sessions to benefit from the curriculum
- NEXT OPENING: November 7th from 6.30 – 7.30pm
CONTACT: Call Bree at 519 751 0466 x 113 as prior registration/intake is required
For more information, please visit: https://www.dalhousieplace.com/k-a-t-c-h